Ponytails are an easy, go-to style when you're running late, and with good reason; they're classic, flattering and take only seconds to do. But why not add a little flair and a touch of elegance? Read on for tips from Tresemmé celebrity stylist, Jeannie Syfu who worked on Whitney Port's debut collection of Whitney Eve at New York's recent fashion week.
- To create volume and texture in the hair, use a volumizing mousse on dry hair. Hit hair with a blow dryer for a few seconds to activate.
- Gel back the sides, but not the crown. This gives the ponytail edge, but keeps the style from being overly exaggerated, like a pompadour.
- Pull back into a ponytail and secure with a band that matches your hair color.
- If you have time, use a curling iron to curl the hair in the ponytail. If not, spritz on a volumizing hair spray, like Tresemmé's 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray, and rough it up with your hands and a.
- Wrap a piece of hair from the bottom of the ponytail around the base of the ponytail and secure with a bobby pin.