Ever since she married Prince William in 2011, Duchess Katherine, née Kate Middleton, has never had a style misstep. She is always flawlessly dressed for the occasion, yet never overdone. Her style is simple, ladylike and consistent. In fact the biggest criticism about her wardrobe choices so far is that she wore the same dress twice in too short a period!
Learn Kate Middleton's style secrets for easy and fashionable dressing.
1. Stick with What Works
2. One Piece of Statement Jewelry is Enough
3. Nude Pumps Are Always in Style
On the same trip to North America, Kate Middleton wore this breezy, floral Chinoiserie print Jenny Packham dress to the polo match Prince William played in at the Santa Barbara Polo Club. She paired it with leg-elongagting nude pumps by LK Bennett. Middleton loves these pumps and is seen in the quite often and with good reason: There's hardly an outfit nude pumps don't match. Invest in a high quality pair and you'll wear them for years.
4. Know Which Designers Work for YouFor a BAFTA event, Kate Middleton wore this lavender Alexander McQueen gown, the same designer as her famous and timeless wedding dress. Once you know which designers you favor—you like their creations, the clothes from the line tend to flatter your figure and they're generally in your price range—shopping is quicker and easier, not to mention more fun.
Other designers Kate Middleton gravitates toward include L.K. Bennett, Reiss, Jenny Packham and Issa.
5. Find Your Best Color Palette
Kate Middleton knows her favorite colors and more often that not, sticks with them. When you shop for clothes in the same color palette, it makes it easy to mix and match them when it comes time to put together outfits at home. Kate Middleton most often wears navy, whites and cream and soft lavenders.
This navy and cream outfit comes from the British store Whistles.
6. Pantyhose Are the Easiest Way to Look Pulled Together
Kate Middleton is single-handedly credited for bring back the pantyhose industry. As shown here when she's wearing a soft grey Roksanda Ilincic draped sheath dress and beige Jimmy Choo pumps and clutch, pantyhose help any woman look more polished. They are flattering for your legs and are an easier way to fake a tan than even self tanner can be.
7. But Don't Be Afraid to Break Your Own Rules
As lovely as Kate Middleton looks wearing fashions by her favorite designers, in her typical navy, cream or grey, she knows that it is OK to break out of a rut. She surprised many when she wore this lovely green silk Diane von Furstenberg dress. Note, however, that it is still a fitted, long-sleeve dress, so it's more of a twist on her classic style than a full on departure.