Even celebrities who have hairstylists at their beck and call opt for a classic ponytail when it's their turn to take a spin on the red carpet. At the 2009 Emmy's Mila Kunis's pony looks glam thanks to her deep side part and curly hair. Here's how to recreate the ponytail with tips straight from Tresemmé celebrity stylist Mara Roszak, who styled Mila Kunis's hair for the awards show.
- After applying an anti-frizz smoothing cream to damp hair, part to one side, and blow dry with a 2" round brush. The amount of product you use will depend on the length and thickness of your hair. Start with less and add more as needed.
- Curl hair with a 1 1/4 inch barrel curling iron, and spray entire head with hairspray, like Tresemmé Frizz Shield.
- Part hair low on side of your head, then pull back into a low ponytail, and tie with an elastic leaving a small section of hair out on one side to frame your face.
- Wrap a tiny section of hair around the elastic to hide the tie. Pin into place.
- Brush out curls with fingers and gently back comb for a messier texture. Spray all over with hairspray to keep the look in place all night