A half up, half down hairstyle a la Angelina Jolie at the 2009 Oscars is the perfect combination of the elegance and neatness of an updo, combined with the sexiness of long, loose waves. It's also thestyle to wear when showing off a pair of jaw-dropping earrings, like Angie's 115-carat emerald Lorraine Schwartz babies.
Here's how to create Angelina Jolie's hairstyle with tips from celebrity stylist and Pantene spokeswoman Hallie Bowman.
- Apply a handful of mousse, like Pantene's Full & Thick Extra Fullness Mousse Maximum Hold to damp hair.
- Blow dry with a 2" round brush.
- Curl hair all round your head with a 2" curling iron.
- To pull hair back, start by taking the front and top pieces and pin them back.
- Take a triangle shape from each side of the head and pull back tightly with a clear plastic rubberband. By pulling the sections back separately, you'll avoid "mushroom head."
- Loosen the pulled back hair, by gently pulling with your fingers for a soft, romantic look.