I know, I know. Spring seems like a million years away right now, but the fashion world works months in advance. One of the biggest trade shows for spring accessories, MAGIC, is going on this week. Here are a few trends for next spring from Vice President at Advanstar, Footwear, Leslie Gallin:
There are so many great trends emerging this coming season. I'd have to say my favorite trends are:
- Colored soles - We are seeing tons of colored soles for added flare. The dying of shoes to match the soles is very cool and yet understated.
- Wedges - Wedges have always been a summer staple, but now we've seen them in a variety of chic styles from boots, booties, etc. The wedge has proved itself to stand the test of time, and weather!
- Flats - The ballerina flat remains as one of the shoe fashions that defies time and is a staple in most wardrobes. This season, you will see tons of flats with embellishments; think fringe, feathers and ruffles.
- Toe caps - I love the look of toe capped shoes. It brings a modern element to some of the most classic looks. Gold and other metallics are leading the charge with this trend.
- Lady-like & embellished - Laser cut-out details, lace, feathers and ruffles galore! Lady-like touches and chic embellishments are on almost every shoe this season. From two-toned silhouettes, tribal touches and braided accents - plain Jane's are out this season.
Check out my picks for the best shoes for the upcoming fall.